Thursday, June 29, 2017

Football is my life

           Football  has been an event in my life since I was three years old and it still is today. “The key to life is not what life gives to you but what you take from life. It’s not how life treats you but how you treat life. You have a choice in life. You can either thrive or survive.”  Football has made me into the person I am today, hard working, and determined.
                               Without football my life worth is nothing-CR7

             As I look down the line, I see everyone dripping sweat; I see the pain on each players face. The coach blows the whistle and everyone takes off to sprint to the other end of the field. When things get hard, like what we experience in our workouts, there is no giving up. If we give up and quit now, it will happen in the game. Then, we have lost, failed, and been defeated. This applies to the real world as well. If you lose your job, you have to go out and find a new one because somebody has to pay the bills. You can’t quit because you will end with nothing and be defeated. Work isn’t always fun and it can be extremely hard. Whether it’s holding up the state championship or getting a promotion hard work reaps many rewards.

            Imagine being member of a football team on the field while the crowd is cheering for their favorite team. You are probably wondering, “Wow, I never thought that I will be part of this team.” Football is not for everyone and being part of a football team does not mean that you are going to be in the spotlight. A person can learn much from playing football. Football teaches strength, discipline, and how to be a team player.


             The most important lesson football teaches is how to be a team player. In football teamwork is the most important because each member is working to achieve the same goal, which is winning. Each player on the field is not worried about what they are doing but more of working together to get the job done.

                      I learned all about my life with ball at my feet-RONALDINHO

              In addition to teamwork, football also teaches discipline. Discipline is the result of commitment, a love for the task, and passion for the game. These characteristics are usually enforced by infusing commitment, passion, and love for the task while growing up at a young age. Discipline in football controls your goals and accomplishments, which starts on the football field. When team players are disciplined it means that they know what they want (to win games) and they do it the best they know how by perfecting the basic skills, such as, tackling, running and blocking. Some examples of discipline are showing up to practice on time and knowing what job is expected of you on the football team. If you do not know, it can cause your team to lose games. Exercising throughout the year is another example because the player’s body has to be in shape year round.


No comments:

Post a Comment